Thursday, July 9, 2015

This Week Has Gone By So Fast!

Elder Mickelson and Elder Gurr
July 8, 2015

Hey everyone!

This week has gone by so fast. I’ve learned a lot in Norwegian. It has been so wonderful getting to just study the gospel of Jesus Christ. We finished teaching our first "investigator". She became another teacher for us. I’ve been learning a lot about teaching. Missionaries need to teach with the Spirit. Reading a written script doesn’t help much, but teaching by the direction of the spirit brings the greatest power to teach. We started teaching a new "investigator". It’s been so cool to just to be getting a feel for what teaching will be like. I’ve been trying to speak more Norwegian as much as I possibly can. That has made a huge difference in helping me learn.

Sunday we had Jenny Oaks Baker come for our devotional. She’s a phenomenal violinist, not to mention she went to Julliard for school... and she’s the daughter of Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It was so cool to hear her speak and also play such uplifting music with her kids. I learned from her that true faith is believing in Christ, not necessarily that a certain thing will happen. Faith in Christ brings the greatest miracles in our lives.

Oh and I found my cousin Elder Brennan Lee.
He just left for Alaska. I found out we had
spent a week of class literally across the
hall from each other. It was great to meet him!
 
  
I’m sooooo excited to go to Norway. We have a bunch of pictures of Norway hung up in our classroom and everyday I just want to leave and head out there, despite my lack of fluent Norwegian. ha-ha

Last night we had a devotional and I got to listen to Elder Spencer J. Condie of the Quorum of the Seventy and his wife. I learned a lot from him. I learned that there is great power in the account of The First Vision. The Spirit can be felt so strongly every time we hear it. It is so true. He commented something that was said a while ago. I don't know who said it, but it was that "If you want to know if God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, ask God. He was there." I found it really funny. Its kind of a smart-alek saying, but it still is true. Joseph Smith truly saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I encourage everyone to read the account again. Pray about the truthfulness of it, and you will receive an answer. That is a promise.

Thank you all for all of your support. You all are such an inspiration for me. Thank you.

Love,

Eldste Justin Mickelson


P.S. 4 WEEKS!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment