Thursday, July 16, 2015

This Week Has Flown By!

Here's a picture of our District and we are all going to Norway together!    

July 15, 2015

Hello Everyone!

This week has flown by! Earlier this last week I met Elder Christian McArthur. He’s from New York but his grandpa is Ron McArthur from Cowley. It is so weird how there are so many connections to the Big Horn Basin, like its crazy.

I made a Norwegian grammar card to help me study. Norwegian is hard but it sure is a fantastic language. I love it ha-ha. Last Thursday we got to teach some members that came to the MTC that speak Norwegian. They all went on their missions there. I met Bryce; he did an interview with Prepare To Serve on YouTube. He’s really cool and I really liked talking to him. I had watched his interview and its just cool meeting people like that.

We got to watch the broadcast of President Packer's funeral. It was really spiritual. Something I enjoyed that was said was something President Packer said at a funeral once. He had said, "Where there is love, there is sadness at parting." Then Elder Dallin H Oaks had said, "Your faith has prepared you for temporary separation." It's very cool how something like that said at a funeral applies everywhere. Going on a mission creates sadness at parting, but we have faith that has prepared us for that temporary separation from our loved ones.

On Sunday, Richard I. Heaton gave our devotional. He's the Head Director for the MTC Administration I think. His main focus was that we needed to focus on the few really important things when we teach. Our focus for our investigators should be prayer, that they are reading the Book of Mormon, and that they go to church. That is what will bring them the closest to Christ.

In last night's devotional, we were taught by Elder Benjamin B. Banks, he's an Emeritus General Authority. One thing I loved that he taught was that we need to make sure to focus on teaching pure doctrine, rather than just teaching opinion.

In my reading of the Book of Mormon, I've been reading of Christ's coming. It is such a wonderful account of His teaching and His love for others. I loved 3 Nephi 18:32. I took from it that we need to continue loving others. People fall away from Christ, and His church. But we need to remember that they still can return to Him. Through Christ's Atonement, all may return. People can change. It is through Christ that people can change. Never give up on others.

It's been a great week. Can't wait to email you all again!

Love,

Eldste Justin Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment