Thursday, July 30, 2015

So This Is My Last Week In The MTC!


This is Elder Hardy and I. He's in my zone. 
He's going to the Trinidad Port-of-Spain Mission!
July 29, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

So this is my last week here in the MTC. The next email I send will be from Norway. It's so crazy to know that I get to spend these next two years in an amazing country with amazing people and an amazing culture, spreading the best message that is on the earth. If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited. 

Last week we got to teach a sister in Norway. She is a member and we got to teach her over Skype. She’s from Trondheim. It was really cool to talk with someone that is actually Norwegian. We get to do another Skype lesson tomorrow. It's such a cool experience. I got my flight plans last week for Norway. I leave this Monday. I'm so excited to be going.

This last Sunday I got to play the piano for Sacrament Meeting. It's great to be able to sit and play. I have a feeling I'll be playing in Sacrament Meeting A LOT in Norway ha-ha. It'll be great though. It's good that I love to play.

One thing I loved was listening to an old Devotional Elder Jeffrey R. Holland gave a few years ago. One of the things he said was, "Man's extremity is God's opportunity". When we are willing to do the most we can, that is when God can help us the most and help us grow the most.

This week has just been so much fun. All of my district can't wait to leave. Only a few more days! The next time I email, it'll be from Norway! Have a great week everyone. Remember that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that He is always mindful of us. He loves us. And He wants the best for us.

Love you all,


Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment