Thursday, July 23, 2015

The MTC Has Been Awesome!

Elder Collins and Elder Mickelson
July 22, 2015

Hi Everyone,

The MTC has been awesome! I just keep learning more and more Norwegian. So this last week I've seen all of the Lovell missionaries here. I saw Elder Zeke Collins, Elder Andrew Mayes, and Sister Jordan Harper. It's so cool to be seeing so many wonderful missionaries here.

This week I memorized the story of the First Vision in Norwegian. That was a blessing that I was able to learn that. It went really well.
Me with the flag I made on our door...
Apparently we can't hang things
on the outside of the door, so I
hung it up in our room afterwards
ha-ha.

I love being able to feel the Spirit so strong all of the time here. It’s a great opportunity and blessing. We had a devotional Sunday by President Richards. He talked about many things. A few things I really like was that power comes through obedience. Also, true repentance requires humility.

This whole week I've been just learning different things. I love learning about repentance and the Atonement and how it can bless everyone's lives.

William R. Walker, and Emeritus General Authority spoke for the Devotional last night. He talked about 10 things we can do to be happy and successful missionaries. I loved how he talked about President Gordon B. Hinckley's experience while he was on his mission. He had served in England and wasn't having success and it was becoming extremely hard for him. He sent a letter to his father wanting to know what he should do. The letter he received from his dad was short but profound. "Forget yourself and go to work." That is when the blessing poured from heaven, when he lost himself in the work for others. We should be like that in our own lives. We will see the greatest blessings in our lives when we forget ourselves and do all we can to serve others.

I get my flight plans on Friday for Norway! I can’t wait! It’s really exciting!

-Eldste Justin Mickelson

Me with my companion Elder Gurr,
and Sister Harper and her companion
(with some others photobombing ha-ha).
Me with Elder Mayes at the Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment