Monday, May 1, 2017

Today Is Labor Day in Norway

May 1, 2017

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a great week, because I sure did!

Today is Labor Day in Norway, so it's a lot of fun. Well, everything is closed and stuff, but we are going to go on an epic hike so I'm stoked for that! Can't complain about a good hike. So we'll be headed off to that here soon.

This week started out pretty great with having Family Home Evening with a wonderful family in the ward. Well, a couple young families got together for it and we had it all together. It was a blast. It's fun trying to teach little kids.Such a joy to do! I can only imagine what it was like for my parents trying to have it with us when we were little. An adventure most likely!

We had a YSA reach out night too this week. We went out with some of the young adults to visit some other young adults in the ward to invite them to different activities. Real fun to see people than I already know and catch back up with them.

I've never quite figured out why I even try playing soccer. I'm not that great at it (I'm not terrible, but I'd be mediocre compared to the 10 year olds here). We played soccer with a bunch of us from the ward. I ended up as goalie for the second half. I didn't stop them
all... but, we didn't lose. So, who knows. It was a blast either way and I really enjoyed it.

We also finished painting the house that we painted a couple weeks ago. We went by a few days ago and busted it out. It looks pretty good. Nice and white. And I got all of the paint out of my jeans too. A good soak and a nice scrub fixed that!

Had an awesome time in church yesterday too. I ended up doing the live translation during sacrament meeting. 1) I haven't translated like that in SEVERAL months. Nor have a just translated for an hour straight in quite a while either. 2) I can't translate scriptures very well on the fly from norwegian to english. 3) Translating from swedish
to english is a lot more difficult than norwegian to english. Oh well, it turned out good enough. The family from America got a kick out of the commentary they got when a story got way too in depth for me to explain.

Well I hope you all have a great week! Take care!

Sincerely,

Elder Justin Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment