Monday, April 24, 2017

This Week Was A Really Good One

Elders Decker, me, Nelson and Mitchell
April 24, 2017

Hello Everyone!

This week was really good one. I had found out last week that I'd be staying in Drammen for this last transfer. So I'm REALLY excited to be here for that! It's sure been enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to enjoying these next weeks here in such an incredible city!

From the top of the ski jump


Last Monday we went out to the Vikersund Ski Jump, and it was so cool!!! There were a couple families we went with, and it was just so awesome! So Vikersund is where the world record has been held for the last few years for the longest ski jump, and it just got broken there again in March. It's at 253.5 meters. ITS SO FAR!!!!! It was insane to climb up. I can't imagine trying to jump off of that myself. It'd be so intense. It was a lot of stairs to walk up too. 1,078 steps. Uphill. Luckily my legs didn't burn too bad because of it! It was a lot of fun and then we went and had lunch all together. Real enjoyable!



Me at the bottom of the ski jump
Elder Nelson and I
Elder Nelson and I at a giant fire pit thing
So our entire district stayed the same this transfer. Weird because normally someone moves. But we all stayed so it was a bit of a shock, but at the same time really exciting because there's an extra sister missionary here too. So now we have a bonus missionary!!! Woohoo!!!

We met with some new people this week. It was real great to meet them and hopefully we'll get to keep meeting with them in the coming weeks!

A view from the place where we rolled the giant rocks

We rolled giant boulders this week. Ok, by boulders, it takes like four or five guys to roll it across a yard. So take that as you will. But we went out and helped a member roll some giant stones he had behind his house across his lawn and over towards his deck for decoration. With a lot of yelling, sweat, and no blood, we managed to roll several over. And it sure looks good now! Plus I got a great picture from his house of the valley.

We had an INCREDIBLE stake conference this weekend. Elder Bennasar, an area seventy. He's from France, and is just awesome. One, getting to listen to the stake presidency here was awesome to begin with, but then you throw in another that is just as great. Wow. I don't really know what to say about it. Everyone just had wonderful talks about how to help us spiritually in life. And it just was centered around doing the basic things to build our testimonies. I just loved it. It was all really well put.

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for being awesome!

Sincerely,

Elder Mickelson

Woke up this morning and there was 4 inches of snow on the ground…


No comments:

Post a Comment