Monday, April 3, 2017

This Week Was Really Amazing.

Pic from the picnic (me, Elder Mitchell and Elder Decker)
April 3, 2017


Hey Everyone!


This week was really amazing. I don't know why, but each week gets more and more hectic. Maybe eventually I'll get a break. But who really knows?


Monday we spent the afternoon of our P-Day a bit more enjoyably. We decided that we needed to get out of the house, and out into nature... Or at least where the sun's shining. So in our lack of creativity, the sisters thought it'd be a great idea to go have a picnic. And because we couldn't come up with anything better, we said sure. It was really enjoyable and lots of fun. We bought a bunch of fruit, Elder Mitchell and I each got a Coca-Cola, and we went out to a park down by the river. We had our little picnic, tossed around a football (not a
soccer ball), and just had a good time. I even rolled up my pant legs a little bit to catch a little sun. Too bad it didn't do anything though. Still pasty white haha. That's alright, I'll live.


We had a little conference here in Drammen this week too. So that kept us pretty busy getting everything in line for that. But that went real well. It went smoothly so I can't complain any.


Right after the conference we, yes, got on a train, along with the missionaries in Arendal and Kristiansand because we were having splits with the Kristiansand elders. It was SUCH A LONG train ride. 4 hours. That's a long time to sit in one spot. I had to stand up and walk
around a couple times. But the train ride was real good.


Splits in Kristiansand was way nice. One, the city is like one of the most southern cities in Norway, so it's a lot warmer and it's just way cool. It's just a gorgeous place. Plus, I was with Elder Tangen who was in my MTC group, plus we served together in Sandvika, so it was a
blast. And a blast to the past. haha Just a lot of good reminiscing.


After splits, we took the beautiful, yet very rainy train ride the WHOLE 4 HOURS BACK! This time it wasn't so hard. Elder Mitchell and I each bought an 8-pack of boller, and a coke to make the trip. We ended having a way cool conversation with this lady on the train though. Fun story, her great great great something grandma was one of the last
witches burned in Norway. So, I met a descendant of a witch XD haha It was a pretty crazy story. I guess those witch trials weren't JUST in the US.


My lutefisk (sorry, didn't have bacon on this one).

LUTEFISK! Yes, so anyone still reading this finally hit the reason they wanted to read it. Yes, I finally had lutefisk. It was like one of the last foods on my Norwegian food bucket list! Now, for everyone who are turned away from the thought of lutefisk, or fish jello, or whatever you want to call it. It was DELICIOUS. Like, it was . Our landlords had made it, and wow. Good. I really liked it. I had it with some pea stew and potatoes on the side, with some bacon and grilled onions on the top. Boy was that good. If you get the chance, eat it.


This last weekend was General Conference. What a great opportunity to hear so many good talks. I loved it. It was hard to sit still for so long, but I managed! haha We're watching the last session tonight with a member here in Drammen so that'll be way fun. But I highly suggest watching it if you haven't!


I hope you all have a great week! Take care everyone!


Sincerely,


Elder Mickelson


"Walking with the Savior in priesthood service will change the way you look at others." -Pres. Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment