Monday, December 12, 2016

I Am Getting Transferred To Drammen

Panoramic pic from the fort (pic by Elder Dawes)
December 12, 2016

Hello from almost the North Pole!

Moves call was yesterday! Unfortunately, I have to move from Bodø!!! NOOOOOOO!!! I love this city way too much! It's this cozy little city and I've come to love it so much. I'm pretty sure a part of my heart will be left up here in the north, in Bodø. But such is life, change. But change can be a good thing. It helps us grow.
Pepperkakebyen bus
It has a gingerbread city inside the bus

Anyways, I'm going to Drammen!!! I've visited Drammen before about six or seven months ago, but now I'll be moving there. I'll be with Elder Hoopes. He came out in my group. We actually sat right next to each other the whole six weeks in the MTC learning Norwegian. So this will be way exciting! Looking forward to it! Now all that's left is packing.... That'll be fun. 6 months in a place and you get pretty settled into an apartment, now it's got to work it's way into a few suitcases! haha

We also watched the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. It was a great meeting. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's full of Christmas songs, and a few speakers talking about Christmas and how we can remember Christ during this wonderful time of year.
Mission Conference Group 2
Narvik District
We went back down to Oslo this last week again. This time for Zone Conference. It was soooo awesome! We flew down on Wednesday evening and stayed with the Oslo missionaries (one of which was Elder Mitchell, we served together in Fredrikstad this time last year). It was a blast. After a killer breakfast the next morning, we hopped on a train over to Sandvika (my last area) and went to the church building there for conference.

It was pretty cool being back in the same building I had been in just six months before. Not going to lie, pretty nostalgic. It was nice seeing it all again.
Me and Elder Mitchell

There was a couple different presentations put together there at the conference. One was a series of video clips our parents had sent them of us opening our mission calls. That was way cool to see that. It nearly made me cry! (no tears came, I promise! haha) The other one was one that was pretty much, "Guess that missionary" with a series of pictures our parents sent of us as we had grown up. Both were so much fun and quite memorable.

Elder Dawes and Elder Mickelson
After the conference we had a little talent show. Elder Dawes and I sang a song called "Tracting in a Winter Wonderland" HILARIOUS!

I HAVE NOW EATEN SEAL. I think bolding and underlining will really get some attention. Ya, I totally had seal last night and some whale. It was delicious!!! If I were to describe what it tastes like, hmmm... It tastes like whale, except a little bit more tender. It was amazing. I could eat that a lot and not get sick of it. Great stuff!

Today we walked out to an old fort that was made in the early 1800s to protect the harbor. It was a way cool little fort and we got some great pictures!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care!

Sincerely,
Elder Mickelson

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given ... and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."


Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season!!!

Additional Pics:

Me and Elder Mitchell (picture taken by Elder Dawes)



Elder Tangen and I



Me and Elder Merritt



Elder Mickelson playing some carols for the conference



Senior missionaries getting ready to serve the food



Lunch Time at Zone Conference



Me at the canon


Fort

Fort


Canon's going to get the incoming boat


Middle of the city with a tipi, and the Christmas tree




No comments:

Post a Comment