Monday, September 12, 2016

I Started Off This Week By Flying Down To Trondheim (Again)!


Me and Elder Braunberger (he's a missionary up in Tromsø

September 12, 2016


Hello Everyone!


Normally, I feel like there isn't too many different things to talk about each week. It seems like each week is accompanied by the same events, or at least similar enough that it wouldn't be deemed necessary to mention time and time again. Although, this week was packed full of not so normal things, thus making an email with several topics to write home about.



A view of Trondheim over a river

I started off this week by flying down to Trondheim (again!). This time the trip was for Zone Conference rather than splits. It was a great conference. One thing that I took away from it was the importance of working with others. Within missionary work, the desire and goal is to help bring people to Christ. And the work that we do, doesn't rest entirely upon just our shoulders, but we need to continue working with members in the church to all be inviting others to Christ. One or two people reaching out to help others has its help and purpose, but what would it be if everyone was reaching out to help others, reaching out, willing to help strengthen others. There is a greater impact when there is more than just the missionaries doing that, and you can really see a difference.

Good ol' norwegian chocolate milk



We were on our way back home, so we were chilling in the Trondheim airport, waiting for our flight, and guess what I came across? A piano. Just casually parked in the airport... open for anyone to play it. So I did. I started out by playing Piano Man by Billy Joel, and people started noticing and "casually" sitting down in the vicinity to hear. What was way cool was this guy just came up and started filming me for a couple minutes straight XD haha it must've been good enough to film it haha. But it was a ton of fun. I just sat and played different stuff for a bit.


A couple days ago, President Uchtdorf (one of the church leaders) came to Norway after rededicating the temple in Germany. He spoke down in the southern part of Norway, so I didn't get to go to the meeting, but it was broadcasted so we got to watch it over the internet which was really cool. One thing he said that I really liked was to "share who you are and then live up to it". I thought that was interesting to think about. As people we say what our opinions or beliefs are, or whatever the case may be, but then we should live up to that. We should "practice what we preach" so to speak. Granted, no one is perfect. And we shouldn't expect others to be perfect either, regardless of beliefs or whatever. But we as people should try our best to live up to what we do believe, and try to be the people we aspire to be.

Me with pigs (they were enjoying
their food a lot at the time)


To end I'd like to share a quick little story about the little piggies I walked past. We were headed out to meet some members for dinner. They live out in a farming community (totally reminded me a lot of home) and I walked past a little pig pen, and decided to get a picture. Because it's not everyday you can just go take a picture with some little pigs. So I did.

Well I hope you all have a great week! Take care and thanks for all of your support! Bye!



Sincerely,

Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment