Monday, April 4, 2016

This Week Was A Good Week...

Norwegian Waffles
April 4, 2016

Hello everyone!

This week was a good week, a bit slow, but still great! We got to meet with some investigators and it was really wonderful to be able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them.

Elder Kemp
As many people know, this last weekend was General Conference! Super exciting! General Conference is an amazing opportunity we have to listen to the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church as they teach us how we can better improve our lives by living a more Christ-centered life. In addition, they also teach us the teachings of the Savior.

For me, it was a wonderful chance to better understand the Savior and His role in my life. It also helped me receive answers to my questions. Many times while watching conference I felt like they were talking right to me, teaching me exactly what I needed. I know that it can be that way for anyone who will listen to it. There are some incredible talks that were given, and I hope that you all have had the chance to watch it, and if you haven't, go watch it! :D It was really incredible. Check it out here at https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

One of my favorites was by President Uchtdorf during the Sunday Morning session.


A picture of me on our hike
I really loved how it applies to all of us personally. In it, he talks about how an entire city had been destroyed during World War 2, and years later, it had been rebuilt. If men can rebuild that, what could God do for us? He talks about it a lot better than I can, but I hope that all of you will watch it (it's pretty incredible, so watch it!)

I hope all of you have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment