Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Went To A Nearby City Called Halden!

Elder Mickelson out by the fjord in Halden
February 22, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

Halden Fort from the bottom.
Last P-Day we went to a nearby city called Halden... and visited a FORT!!! It was built over 400 years ago, and it is really cool. It's like one huge castle, without the castle. Kind of. Just a ton of huge stone walls and some fortresses inside, all of which is on top of a hill. It was loads of fun to explore! It's one of those places that you see only in pictures, and then you visit it, and it finally becomes a reality to you.

We had a zone conference in Oslo again this last week. One of the focuses at the conference was focusing our work. Through helping others understand the need for baptism, it would help bring more people to Christ. As missionaries, we teach repentance, and baptize converts. Through helping people understand Christ and his Atonement for us, people become greater converted to the Lord.
River through the middle of the city in Halden.

Work in Fredrikstad has been going awesome. Everything has picked up tremendously. In case you forgot this week's email title (I know you just looked at it again because I mentioned it), this week has been full of miracles. We had tried getting in contact with a person that we met previously on the street. Well, come to find out, through a series of problems, we weren't able to get in contact with them. That doesn't really help at all when you try to meet with them and you can't get a hold of them. We had been praying to come across this person again, and guess what?! In a city of 80,000 people, we came across them again. Heavenly Father answers our prayers. He is mindful of us, and is mindful of what we need. When we do what we need to do, Heavenly Father blesses us with what we need, and with even greater blessings. Heavenly Father looks out for us. When we pray, He really is listening, it's not just an empty prayer. He knows not only what we need, but how we need it, what will help us grow the most, and help us achieve to the greatest of our abilities.

It reminds me of the song, "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban.
At the top of the fort.

"When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary,
When troubles come and my heart burdened be,
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas,
I am strong when I am on your shoulders,
You raise me up to more than I can be."

Even when we don't think that we have help, when we feel the burdens of life, it is through Christ that we find comfort, and refuge. It is in Christ that we find peace. It is through Christ that our burdens our lifted. In Matthew 11:28-30, it says,

"28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

By turning to Christ we will receive the help, strength, and guidance we are searching for.

Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement. Have an awesome week!

Sincerely,

Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment