Monday, February 1, 2016

All Of The Snow Finally Disappeared!

A spot where an ancient Roman Tower used to stand here in Fredrikstad.
February 1, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

All of the snow finally disappeared! We had several days of warmth and sunshine. Then, just a few hours ago, we were reminded that it's only February.

This week has been full of adventures and loads of fun. We were able to visit Sweden again. We had dinner with some members there. We had a wonderful time. It's always a blast getting to visit them.

I've started trying to find out where exactly my ancestors come from in the last week. I have family that comes from Norway, so I've started finding which farms they grew up on. I think it would be really cool to figure out where those places are in relation to me. Maybe someday I'll get to visit where they grew up!

Me and my stocked up candy for awhile.
A mix of American and Norwegian candy.
We have had a couple birthdays here in Fredrikstad this last week! You know what that means! More food and sweets than we've seen since Christmas! We had made up around 60 or so cookies this week. It's a good thing that they taste good! Speaking of good food, Elder McIntire made up some enchiladas this last week. Delicious. I was impressed, especially because we didn't have any enchilada sauce. As missionaries, we get pretty creative and somehow we manage to pull off making pretty good food.

Overall it's been a great week. I'd like to share a last thought to end the letter. In James 2:17-18 it says,

"17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my Works."

We start with faith, just a little bit of it. We have a hope for things. Then, over time, we build that faith and it is strengthened by keeping the commandments and trying to be more like the Savior. We must have faith in Christ, and then continue to build on that faith by showing by our works what we believe. We express what we believe through our actions. I hope that we remember this, and strive to be better everyday, and continue to try to be good examples for others. Obviously, none of us are perfect, but we can continually try to be better over time.

Have a great week everyone!
Love,

Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment