Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Zone Leader Training In Oslo This Last Week

The Fredrikstad State Church

January 18, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

We had Zone Leader Training in Oslo this last week. It was a lot of fun! I got to see some of the guys from my MTC group, and I got to visit with everyone. We spent a lot of time talking about family history and how we can better be inviting others to do their family history work. It helped me realize how much we can learn about those that came before us, and the impact they made on why we are here.

We had an awesome experience this week. We were preparing for a lesson that we had. We weren't quite sure what we wanted to teach, so we decided that praying about it wasn't a bad idea at all. So with prayer and study, we both just felt a clarity on what this person needed to be taught. When the day of the lesson came around, we showed up, and throughout the lesson, the Spirit could be felt so strong. Hopefully, more progress will come because of it, but our testimony of receiving guidance by the Holy Ghost was strengthened because of it.
The river by our house with the sunrise and fog.

Norwegian driver's license! I'm now signed up to be taking my driving test in a couple months. Hopefully I get it, because that would be one of the coolest things to get, my very own, foreign driver's license. I'll just need to keep practicing. It's definitely interesting to see how it goes. As for now, I will just be waiting for the day to show up so I can take it!

I've thought about a part of the scriptures a lot lately. At the end of St John (ST John 21:, the resurrected Christ speaks to his apostle Simon:

" 15 ¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

There are many things which we have the opportunity to do. We have many opportunities to serve others. I believe that we should take some time and think about what Christ told Simon to do. What can we do to feed Christ's sheep? What can we do to lift another? What can we do for others to show our love for not only them, but for Christ? I believe that if we think about it, we will think of something that we can do for others.

By the way, transfers is this week, I'll be staying with my companion Elder Mitchell here in Fredrikstad for another transfer! Really excited for this transfer!

Love,

Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment