Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Snow! 8 Days Of Snow

Kids ice skating in the city
January 11, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

Snow! It has snowed for the last 8 days, and it has barely ever stopped! It definitely feels like a proper Winter in Norway. I started asking around, and I guess that Fredrikstad doesn't normally get so much snow. There are spots that the snow is basically up to my knee. Although, most Places isn't too deep. It'll warm up every once in awhile and the snow will settle a bit. This last couple days have been above freezing, so naturally, we are walking around in a giant slush pile. It has made some great fun though having the snow. I got to go sledding! Super fun! It's been awhile since I've just thrown myself down a hill in hopes to go as far as I can! Such is life though. It's a blast here in Fredrikstad.
Overlook of Fredrikstad from
the top of the King's Hall

Elder Mitchell and I have been doing awesome here. It's been a blast this transfer. Our next transfer is next week. So we'll see how it all goes!

Now that Christmas is over, and New Year's is over, work has been picking up. We've been able to talk With more People and meet With others. It's really nice just to get back into the swing of things.

Tomorrow we'll be headed to Oslo for a Conference. It'll just be a short one so just a day trip! I'm realizing now, that when my mission is over, I will have no problem traveling anywhere. I'll be used to driving anywhere, flying anywhere, and taking any form of public transportation. With as much travel as we do here, I'm set for life!
Entrance to the King's Hall

I'd like to share a really great scripture that I've thought about a bit lately. In Alma, a book in the Book of Mormon, in 7:11-12 it says, speaking about Christ,

"11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

A cool picture from inside one
of the hallways of an old guard post
Many times in life, I feel as though we believe that we have to take on a trial by ourselves. Many times we feel alone, insecure, scared, uneasy, or whatever the case may be. We learn that we can have Peace. Christ came into the world to not only die for us, but to suffer that he would know how to succor us. So when the time comes that Our burden becomes too great to bear, and Our trials feel as though they will knock us over, we can turn to Christ. He suffered so he could understand us. He suffered because he loved us. Because he loves us, and because he has felt every physical pain, spiritual pain, and emotional pain, he knows how to heal us. He knows how to give the Comfort and Peace in Our lives so we can move forward, so we can continue in life With hope, With joy, and With determination. We live in a world that is increasing With Challenges, heartache, and sorrow, but it is through Christ, Our Redeemer, Our savior, that we can keep moving forward. No matter what we struggle With in life, Christ is there. He understands when no one else can. I've felt His love in my life. He's helped me find Peace in times that were not easy, and He can and will for anyone else. Christ waits for us With outstretched hands, it's just a matter of us accepting the help.

That's my thoughts for the week. I hope everyone has an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Mickelson


No comments:

Post a Comment