Tuesday, March 14, 2017

This Was A Great Week!

Set up for the world cup of sprint cross country skiing here in Drammen (the race went around the state church and through the city)


March 13, 2017

Hello Everyone!!!

This was a great week! We had a lot of stuff happened this week.

We started out with helping out a member move into his new house. It was really great. It even ended perfectly with a little barbecue! We had some hot dogs which were delicious. Anytime you put cheese or pepperoni in a hot dog, it suddenly gets a million times better.

Almost without fail, I take a train ride somewhere around the fjord for splits. This week, the lucky city was Oslo! After buying myself a skolebrød and a strawberry milk, I stepped on the eastbound train headed for the capital!

Elder Mitchell (not the one here in Drammen) picked me up and we headed back to the apartment. It was loads of fun talking with people there, talked with a really cool guy from northern Norway, and even met some of the members in Oslo. It was really enjoyable. Oslo is a great city, with tons of things happening ALL of the time. Basically just full of life. I guess, what can you expect from the largest city in Norway?

In the course of the week, Elder Nelson also got to take a driving course with one of the local traffic school in preparation for taking his driving test soon. So hopefully, he'll soon be getting the plastic card with all of the privileges of getting to drive in Norway!

There's a couple members that I knew really well in one of my earlier cities I was in. Anyways, they had moved here to Drammen recently, and we got to drive out to their home and have dinner with them. And yes, they're just as funny as when I first met them. They live way out in the middle of nowhere essentially, but that's ok, it has a nice small town feel to the place.

So we were out knocking on some doors, talking to people and stuff, and the sweetest older lady answered the door. She comments on how she'd love to have us come in and share our message with her, but she says, "but I'm sorry. I've just been really sick lately". She goes on to say how she doesn't think she has much time left to live (really depressing to hear by the way). At this point, I kid you not, I could've sworn she was like 75 or 80, and she says she thinks she'll die soon because she's 96!!! Ok, I don't know what it is, but Norwegians have this odd ability to live basically forever. They just keep on cross country skiing when they're 80 years old like it's nobody else's business. It's just really impressive.

Well yes, I had a wonderful week, and I hope the rest of you all do too. Take care! Have a great week!

Sincerely,

Elder Justin Mickelson

Opera house in Oslo

No comments:

Post a Comment