Monday, August 8, 2016

We Had A Pretty Great!

Elder Mickelson with some Lefse
August 8, 2016


Hey Everyone!


We had a pretty great week this last week!


Nothing was too much out of the ordinary. We were able to go up to a city North from us called Narvik for splits. It was so much fun getting to see the missionaries up there. They're way cool and we had a really good time.
I went up with Elder Bunnell (who's serving in Narvik) to a city further North called Harstad to go and try to visit some people there. While we were there, we were walking down the street and ran across a family there that are members (out of the whole city and we come across some of the few members there). Anyways, we get invited to their home and visited them. They were so awesome. Such a kind family. I have to say I continue to just be impressed with how incredible the members are here in Norway. Everyone here just has such a strong faith and testimony of the gospel. They are all great examples to me of what I want to aspire to become. I love them all so much here!
Random thought, while we were in Harstad, I came across this really cool little bakery and it fitted so perfectly the stereotype of a European bakery (it looked just like the one in the movie the Best Two Years). So I bought some boller (basically rolls with some cinnamon and spices in it) from there and it was DELICIOUS!


Yesterday in church we talked about prayer and it's been something I've been thinking a lot about this last couple weeks. We talked about how we can have more meaningful prayers. There's a scripture I like a lot that talks about it. In Alma 34:26 it says,


"But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness."


I really like how it mentions pouring out our souls to God. I think that's so important, that we need to remember that prayer shouldn't just be repetitious, but rather a conversation with our Heavenly Father. When we start pouring out our souls to Him, that's when we find ourselves coming closer to Him. We will begin to have a better relationship with Him. And it all begins with something as simple as a heartfelt prayer.


Well I hope all of you have a great week! Take care! Thanks for all you do.


Sincerely,

Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment