Monday, July 11, 2016

Fairytale Land Of The Midnight Sun in Bodø

Random pictures around Bodø

July 11, 2016


Dear Family & Friends,


In the space of 6 hours, and a couple different of different flights, I made my way from the comforts of Sandvika, and ended up in the fairytale land of the midnight sun in Bodø.


I have to say though, it was definitely a flurry of different emotions and it was just weird. But you know what? It's been like this in every city I've been to. When I'm on my way to my next city, I'm sad, missing all of those that I feel like I've left behind. I miss everyone that I've gotten to know so far. Although, because I know that I miss them, I'm sure that I can say I've loved the people. I've loved everyone and everywhere I've been. It was a pleasure to be in Sandvika, and I can't wait to see them all again at another point in time, I don't know when, but hopefully as soon as I can. I guess I feel the same way with every city.


Midnight in Bodø

The Land of the Midnight Sun. No, it's not just a joke. It's true. Here in Bodø for the next few days, the sun will not set, so that's exciting. I've looked outside at midnight, still feels like the middle of the afternoon, just not near as many people outside haha! Go figure, most people are sleeping.


I said goodbye to Elder Rial in Sandvika, and said hello to Elder Stephens. He's from Pleasant View, Utah. He's a way cool guy. He likes to rock climb and do a bunch of outdoor things. He's a great guy. I'm excited to be serving with him up here!


In the last week, I've thought about Christ's service for others, about how selfless He was in what he did. I think we all have a responsibility to help those around us. In Mosiah 18:8-9 it says,


" 8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;


9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life"


When we decide to follow Christ, we make a choice to do our best to be like He was, to become a blessing in others' lives. We choose to serve others, not because we have to, not because we feel obligated to, but because it is in the desires of our hearts to see those around us blessed. Because we want to help them. Because we want the best for them. And when we come to a point where we don't want to hinder their well-being, or happiness because of one reason or another.


Our epic Jenga game 
(it fell shortly thereafter)

I hope that we all find ways in our lives to bless one another. We can serve all of those around us. We can begin with serving within the walls of our own homes, and a random neighbor, someone in the community. It doesn't matter who it is, we should be serving as much as we can, helping whoever we know could use a helping hand. It didn't matter who it was, the poor, the blind, the leper, the sinner, Christ reached out to all. I hope that we can find those around us to be able to serve.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care!


Sincerely,

Elder Justin Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment