Tuesday, June 14, 2016

We Had A Great Week In Sandvika

Elder Rial and Elder Mickelson
June 13, 2016


Hello Everyone!


I hope you all had a great week. We sure did here in Sandvika! Here's a bit of a recap of this week.


Most of us on the hike (Jan Atle, Sisters Neilson and Petersen,
Elder Rial and Elder Mickelson
Last Monday, after we had emailed, we went on a hike. Every time we go it just gets more and more beautiful, my guess is that it's like it because it keeps on becoming Summer more and more. I got some more great pictures from that (more pictures of myself than of just the scenery this time! haha). I guess that after hiking it a few times you just soak it all in and figure that it's more worth it to take pictures with everyone rather than just taking pictures of only the sights. It was fun regardless.
Hundremeterskogen (The hundred meter woods). It reminded me of Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre woods.



Elder Rial and Elder Mickelson













We had splits last week, so I went down to a city called Drammen for a day. Drammen is a GORGEOUS city. Wow. I just wish all of you could see it so you could understand how great it is. I did take a couple pictures so you might be able to get a glimpse of it. It's a great place either way.


Picture of Drammen
While I was there we, Elder Gingrich (he's serving in Drammen right now) and I had done a few different things. We had gone around and talked with some really cool people. After that, we had visited a really cool family that lives there and helped them move a bunch of bricks. After a while, it did get tiring, but it was still a blast.


Elder Rial and I helped out our landlords this week. We spent some time planting some plants (I think helping my Mom do some gardening has payed off, I know I can plant a flower now! haha) and taking some brick and other odd and ends stuff out to the dump/recycling center. It was quite fun. Who else likes chucking bricks and stones at another pile or rock? Basically, it's great entertainment.

This picture is of the Assistants' washing machine.... 
AND IT'S A DRYER!!! 
I never knew that someone had ever 
created a washer/dryer combo machine, 
but they did. And it is incredible! 
And it totally works!

The Sister Missionaries and us drove up to Hønefoss this week to visit a great couple in the ward. It was a ton of fun getting to see such a beautiful drive and also having some amazing food while we were there. I guess that's what happens when you just love food, it makes anything related to it awesome!


In church yesterday, in one of the classes we had talked a bit about what true greatness is. Greatness isn't about the number of likes we get on social media, or how many followers we have, but great people are those that do the small things in life which make a great impact on those around them. It occurs when we stop thinking about ourselves, but rather turning out and trying to care for others. It happens when we think about the well-being and happiness of others rather than that of ourselves.


It had reminded me of the parable Christ gave about the 99 sheep and the one which was lost. In Luke 15 it says,


" 1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.


2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.


3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,


4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?


5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.


6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.


7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."


Christ was selfless. Obviously, we as people aren't perfect, but we can definitely try to reach out to those around us. We should try to reach out and help the one, help those that have gotten lost. At times, we are that one that needs someone to pick us up and help us, but other times, we are the ones that need to be searching for the one. I love how in verse 6 Christ talks about how "he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost." I believe it goes to show how important that one is to us. Christ remembers all of His sheep. None are ever forgotten, some are just lost. I hope that we all can strive to find the one, and help bring them back.


I hope you all have a great week! Take care!


Sincerely,


Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment